2015 Top Bow Details Announced
The Buckmasters Top Bow Indoor World Championship format has been set for 2015! Building on the huge success of last year’s changes, this promises to be the most exciting Top Bow event ever.
Like last year, the qualifiers and championship will be held at one event, the 2015 Buckmasters Expo, Aug. 13-16. What that means for shooters is there’s only one event to travel to, and just one entry fee.
“The shooters really liked the new format last year,” said “Big” Mike Foster, Top Bow official and rangemaster for the event. “It’s a big expense for them to have to travel and stay away from home for several days, so consolidating the qualifiers and championship into one big event really helps.”
Also popular last year was the new payout format that awarded cash down to 20th place.
“We had only paid down to 10th place before,” Foster said. “The new prize structure makes it a lot more fun and adds excitement and incentive throughout the field. Not everybody is a professional shooter, and the new prize system gives everyone a chance to win some cash.”
The Buckmasters Top Bow World Championship is the highest-paying single event in competitive archery. It is designed to simulate whitetail hunting, and shooters must hit the vitals (and the Buckmasters impact-sensitive pad) on 3-D deer targets to score a hit.
Shooters never know where or when a possible target will pop up, and only bucks count for points. The field is limited to the first 70 shooters who sign up, although there is a waiting list for those who wish to shoot should anyone drop out before the event.
“This is like their Daytona 500,” Foster said of the competitors. “The Top Bow Championship is the biggest prize in shooting, and it’s a four-day competition that leads up to the big finish on Sunday. It’s great entertainment for the audience, as well. They get to see some of the best archers in the world, and the finals are pretty exciting with all the lights and music.”
Entry fee for competitors is still $450, and there is no additional fee if you move on to the World Championship. Spectators are admitted free once inside the Buckmasters Expo.
The Road to the Buckmasters Top Bow Indoor World Championship
- 70 archers, 35 in Pool A and 35 in Pool B, compete in one of the two qualifiers, held simultaneously.
- 24 shooters (12 from each Pool) from the qualifiers advance to the World Championships.
- The field of 70 is cut to 36.
- The field of 36 is cut to 24.
- The field of 24 is cut to 12.
- The field of 12 is cut to 8.
- Shooting switches to head-to-head format.
- Field is cut to 4.
Buckmasters Top Bow Prize List Below:
- Pool A winner — $1,000 Pool B winner — $1,000
- World Championship
- Winner — $15,000
- 2nd through 20th cash prizes determined by % of entry fee collection. 100% of entry fees are given out as prize money.
- Bonus: Dan C. Bussey High Score Award presented by Wellington Outdoors, $750.00. This prize goes to the highest overall score in the World Championships.
General Expo Information:
- Buckmasters Customer Service (334) 215-3337