With over a century of optics-building technology at its back, Nikon announces the addition of its most advanced, highly engineered MONARCH binocular ever. The new MONARCH HG 8x30 and 10x30 were built from the ground up to achieve class-ruling optical performance, unrivaled ruggedness and exceptional handling. From eyecups to objective lenses, the new patriarch of the flagship MONARCH family pushes binocular performance to higher levels through design and technology.
Every precious moment one spends in the field deserves the advantage of extraordinary performance. To this end, Nikon engineered the optical system of MONARCH HG around its signature ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and enhanced multilayer lens and prism coatings for brighter, higher resolution viewing.
Nikon’s all-new Field Flattener Lens System works in conjunction with MONARCH HG’s extraordinarily wide field of view — 8.3°and 6.9° respectively in the 8x42 and 10x42 models—to provide a sharp, undistorted clear view to the lens periphery.
Field of view for 8x42 model is 435ft @1000yds and 362ft. @ 1000yds for the 10x42 model. High-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92% or higher light transmittance, and natural color fidelity
Because a binocular of this caliber must always perform and do so without weighing you down, MONARCH HG’s body is die-cast magnesium alloy. Providing optimum strength, impact resiliency and weight reduction, the slim body profile is further enhanced with rubberized panels to provide a sure grip in any conditions.
To assure long-term optical acuity, scratch-resistant coatings protect MONARCH HG objective and eyepiece lenses, while interior lenses are shielded from fogging with an extreme waterproof rating that assures fogproof integrity even at altitudes to 16,000 feet, equivalent. And MONARCH HG binoculars are not only built for all-terrain ruggedness and all-conditions integrity, Nikon’s No-Fault Repair/Replacement Policy also protects them for life.
• ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass
• Enhanced quality multilayer coatings on all lenses and prisms
• Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating
• Phase-correction prism coating enhances resolution and contrast
• Lead-and-arsenic-free glass used in all lenses and prisms
• Scratch-resistant coatings applied to objective and eyepiece lenses
• Extraordinarily wide field of view
• Wider Available Interpupillary Distance Adjustment designed to fit everyone–56mm-74mm
• Locking diopter control maintains your personal setting
• Long eye relief and turn-and-slide eyecups facilitate optimum eye position
• Closer minimum focus distance—6.6 feet
Suggested retail is $949.95 for the 8x30 model, and $969.95 for the 10x30.